The state mandated MCAS
testing will take place in April and May.
- Grades 3-8 will take the ELA MCAS between Tuesday, April 2- Friday, April 12.
- Grades 3-8 will take the Math MCAS between Tuesday, April 30- Wednesday May 8.
- Grades 5 and 8 will also be taking Science MCAS exam on May 9th and 10th.
Here at BFCCPS we don’t “teach to the test” but we are confident that the rigorous education we provide to our students has them prepared for the challenges of MCAS. Additionally, their ongoing use of technology in the classroom provides them with the skills they need to easily navigate the online testing environment.
- All testing this year will be electronic (including Science, Technology and Engineering for students in grades 5 and 8).
- All students in grades 3-8 have two math sessions
- All students in grades 3-8 have two ELA session
- 5 & 8 have two sessions of Science and Technology/Engineering (STE).
We kindly request that you review your student(s)’s testing dates in an effort to avoid planned absences. Please ensure that your student(s) arrive on time on testing days; students who arrive tardy will not be permitted to commence testing and will have a make-up session scheduled.