French week- Tuesday, Nov. 13- Friday, Nov.16, 2018
Bonjour les amis de BFCCPS! It is that time of the year to celebrate French language and culture, since we teach French from Kindergarten to Grade 8.
We know that students, parents, faculty and teachers look forward to “La Semaine Française.” Vive Le Français!
This year’s theme:
La France Au-Delà des Frontières (France Beyond Its Borders)
We will look at the presence of France outside its borders and its impact on our life. The message that we want to bring is that we are all interconnected. No country can survive on its own. We need each other and that what makes our planet special. We have common goals : Liberté! (Freedom!) Fraternité! (Solidarity!) Egalité! (Equality!)
- French Week will open up with a French Market from 7:30 – 9:30 – Every student, parents and faculty will be able to buy a French inspired item, from mini Eiffel towers, erasers, bracelets, decorative items, stickers, T-shirt, books, berets and many fun things. All proceeds will go towards the Quebec trip. Students will be welcomed that morning with French music, flags and everyone is encouraged to dress up in a costume that represents their Francophone Country.
- Grade 8 will visit classes and will do an activity with them or will read French stories to them
- Question du jour et la Marseillaise to start the day. The student council will record the message and everyone will have access to the question of the day and a fun message.
- Surprise performances / games during lunch.
- Winners will be announced at the end of the day.
- Question du jour
- Grade 5 and 6 will have their fair upstairs in their classroom. It will start at 10:00 and will end at 11: 20
- French Banquet and show: 11:50 – 1:00 PM This year students in Grades 5-8 will cook a French meal at home and will bring it to school in their lunch Box. They will not be sharing with any other students. This will be an extended lunch with a show. Can Can, songs and other surprises.
Thursday, November 15
Bleu! Blanc! Rouge! All students and staff are encouraged to wear Red, white and blue. (Jeans are allowed)
- Question du jour
- Assembly with Sidy Maiga- Musician/Artist from Mali – students will have access to the drums.
9:10 AM – 9:55: 6-8 grade, 150 students (15 minute performance which includes education on Mali culture and then 3 10-12 minute sessions of students on drums while other students dance.)
10:05 AM – 10:50: grade 3-5, 150 students
11 AM – 11:45: grades K-2, 150 students
- 1:10 – 2:30 Game: Game: Le Football. Grade 8 and the faculty.
Friday, November 16
Mme. Canning is organizing some performances/ or an activity for the K-4 students. TBD.
A La prochaine!Voilà!
Mme. Canning et Mme.Malouf
Vive Le Français!