We believe technology is an essential tool that can enhance all students’ ability to be a successful student, and all teachers’ ability to deliver engaging and effective instruction. In order to provide a technologically infused educational environment, every classroom must be equipped with diverse technologies to support teaching and learning. Every teacher must be knowledgeable and skilled in the use of these technologies in daily instruction. Technology must be in support of our current proven curriculum and mission. Using technology must be how students learn, not what they learn.
Our approach to technology is guided by these main goals:
2.) Provide teachers the tools and support to effectively and efficiently use technology to positively impact learning.
3.) Enable children to be successful with a variety of devices and function in a variety of technology environments.
If students are to succeed as 21st Century learners, they must be technologically literate and have regular access to up to date technology that supports their learning. We have worked hard to design a technology plan that increases the technology in our school to meet the needs of our staff, students and families. Below you will find an overview of the current technology profile of BFCCPS, and descriptions outlining how the current technology is used towards helping us reach our goals.
– With 12 wireless access points, we provide high-speed wireless at gigabit speeds, allowing access to mobile computing and research inside classrooms in addition to our traditional computer labs for students and staff.
Faculty Laptop Program:
– Each classroom teacher and most of our staff have been equipped with either a Dell E5520 laptop or a Dell E5420 laptop.
– Various mobile carts are available around the school. Our library hosts a cart of 26 Dell E5520 laptops. Seven mobile carts consisting of a class set of Samsung Chromebooks are available for our third through eighth grade students. Grade two have shared access to 35 Dell 2120 net books in their classrooms, complete with the full version of Microsoft Office. Several Samsung Chromebooks and Dell 2120s are dedicated to SSO use. Also, a cart of 13-Dell 120L laptops are available for use by the Fine Arts department.
Apple iPad Program:
– Each classroom in both kindergarten and first grade have 9-Apple iPad’s in their classroom, respectively, which inspires creativity and hands-on learning with features you won’t find in any other educational tool. iPads are also available in grades two through four (6 each per grade) as well as a class set shared between grades five through eight and three for SSO use. Powerful built-in apps and a collection of hand-selected apps by our staff allow students to engage with content in interactive ways.
– Using school created products, blogger.com through Google Apps for Education, all students will have access to blogging at BFCCPS
Google Apps for Education Portal:
– Students from third through eighth grade receive a school-issued, web-based Google Apps for Education account. This account provides access to document creation, collaboration and file storage online as well as one-way e-mail access with our faculty, which facilitates communication and collaborative learning. Our entire faculty is issued a Google Apps for Education account, which further benefits and cultivates collaborative learning.
Audio/Visual Presentation Systems:
– Each classroom, along with many of the shared spaces throughout the building have Epson projectors.
School Website at bfccps.org:
– School-based website to showcase talents of our students to the community and provide up-to-date information to our staff, parents and students on upcoming events and news.
– With over a dozen Hewlett Packard, Kyocera, Xerox printers and two Xerox all-in-one’s, our staff and students have access to a wide range of devices to complete their projects.
If you have questions or would like to discuss our technology at the Benjamin Franklin Classical Charter Public School, please feel free to email Director of Technology Artur Duque at email@example.com.