Applications are now open for the Benjamin Franklin Classical Charter Public School Scholarship for students who graduated in the Grade 8 Class of 2016. Please see below for application details.
A scholarship for Benjamin Franklin Classical Charter Public School graduates who have displayed academic achievement, a commitment to serving others, and continued to demonstrate virtuous behavior since graduating from BFCCPS.
- Application Deadline: April 29, 2020
- Amount: varies
- Plan for how funds are dispersed: Scholarship checks will be distributed at BFCCPS 8th Grade Graduation in June.
Applicants must be:
- a BFCCPS graduate who attended BFCCPS for a minimum of 3 years
- a graduating high school senior who will be entering their first year of post-secondary education
- available to attend the BFCCPS 8th grade graduation in June where the scholarship will be awarded
Academic Achievement, Citizenship, and Character
Strong applicants should:
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate a meaningful contribution to society through community service
- Be involved in a balance of community, school and work activities
- Pursue goals and aspirations with justice, temperance, fortitude, and prudence
Scholarship Application submission process:
- Submit a copy of high school transcript showing current GPA
- Submit a short resume outlining your future plans (college), extracurricular activities, community service
- Write an essay (250-650 words) outlining how BFCCPS helped to shape your decisions since graduation. Applicants should describe his/her community service participation and be specific about his/her own involvement and tasks. The applicant may consider these questions to guide his/her response:
- How has BFCCPS impacted you as an individual?
- What advice would you give to younger students to encourage them to be involved in community service?
- What lessons will you carry to college and beyond?
- Mail transcript, resume, and essay by April 29, 2020 to:
- Scholarship Committee, BFCCPS, 500 Financial Park, Franklin, MA 02038
- Decision will be made and recipients notified by May 8th, 2020