The faculty and staff of the Benjamin Franklin Classical Charter Public School are pleased to announce a scholarship for Benjamin Franklin Classical Charter Public School graduates who have displayed academic achievement, a commitment to serving others, and has continued to demonstrate virtuous behavior since graduating from BFCCPS.
Last year’s scholarship was awarded to Miss Claudia Moccia, BFCCPS Class of 2014 who is currently attending Villanova University.
- Application Deadline: April 25, 2019
- Amount: varies
- Plan for how funds are dispersed: Awards will be paid to recipient(s) when a second semester college bill is submitted.
Applicants must be:
- a BFCCPS graduate who attended BFCCPS for a minimum of 3 years
- a graduating high school senior who will be entering their first year of post-secondary education
- available to attend the BFCCPS 8th grade graduation in June where the scholarship will be awarded
Academic Achievement, Citizenship, and Character
Strong applicants should:
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate a meaningful contribution to society through community service
- Be involved in a balance of community, school and work activities
- Pursue goals and aspirations with justice, temperance, fortitude, and prudence
Scholarship Application submission process:
- Submit a copy of high school transcript showing current GPA
- Submit a short resume outlining your future plans (college), extracurricular activities, community service
- Write an essay (250-650 words) outlining how BFCCPS helped to shape your decisions since graduation. Applicants should describe his/her community service participation and be specific about his/her own involvement and tasks. The applicant may consider these questions to guide his/her response:
- How has BFCCPS impacted you as an individual?
- What advice would you give to younger students to encourage them to be involved in community service?
- What lessons will you carry to college and beyond?
- Mail transcript, resume, and essay by April 25, 2019 to: Scholarship Committee, BFCCPS, 201 Main Street, Franklin, MA 02038
- Decision will be made and recipients notified by May 10th, 2019